Spring Into Action this May, It’s National Masturbation Month
There’s no shame in pleasuring yourself. On the contrary, there’s tons of research to show that masturbation is beneficial for your health! Both men and women masturbate. If you’re a woman reading this, know that 76 percent of the American female population are participating in pleasuring themselves. Men, it’s much more common: 92 percent of American males.
Stimulating your genitals may not bring you to an orgasm, but people masturbate for many reasons including tension release. The winter is wrapping up, so dig yourself out of the winter blues and spring into action this May to relieve a little stress.
Busting Myths About Masturbation
- Masturbation does not cause hairy palms.
- Your eyesight will not go bad from masturbation, and it will not cause you to go blind.
- It does not cause acne.
- Masturbation will not cause your penis to shrink.
- Stimulating yourself does not cause cancer.
- You can’t become infertile or sterile from masturbation.
- Contracting an STD from masturbation is not possible.
- Masturbation is not a steppingstone to the homosexual lifestyle.
- Your social and emotional development will not see an impact from masturbating.